This video is about the myths and facts of schizophrenia. I give twelve statements, and ask the viewer to think about whether they are true or false. These are the statements, some are true, others are false:
- Statement one: People with schizophrenia have multiple personalities.
- Statement two: People with schizophrenia are all dangerous.
- Statement three: Schizophrenia is rare.
- Statement four: All people with schizophrenia need medication.
- Statement five: Everyone with schizophrenia has the same symptoms.
- Statement six: Schizophrenia is more common in men than women.
- Statement seven: Psychotic means evil.
- Statement eight: Having schizophrenia means that your life is over.
- Statement nine: Many people with schizophrenia commit suicide.
- Statement ten: Schizophrenia is linked to low intelligence.
- Statement eleven: People who hear voices telling them to harm others will always act on these commands.
- Statement twelve: One of Einstein's children had schizophrenia.
Let me know what you think!